Slow Roasted Tomato Soup is really one of the most easy soup recipes we have. Then again soup in general isn’t to complicated but on a cold winters day the hug in a bowl that you get with a warm soup is what we all want. After all soup on a cold winters day in the UK is one of the joys of the British weather. Now of you can get a more summery soup with this Pea version, or for extra cosy check out the leek and potato soup here. See we got you covered here, One more soup you ask? Okay chicken soup can be found here!
Jump to Recipe
Talking Slow Roasted, combined with Tomato Soup
Tomatoes take on an intensely deep flavour after roasting and can be used in many different ways. Roasting tomatoes in general is really simple and the smell in the kitchen is amazing! This recipe below is how you can get a perfectly roasted tomato with simply putting them in the oven.
- 10 large vine tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ bunch thyme
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle of sugar
Heat oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3. Put the tomatoes on a baking sheet with the garlic and thyme, drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, Add some seasoning and roast for 1 hr. Remove and set aside to cool.
Once you have the roasted tomatoes its a case of turning them into the soup. For me I always find myself cooking cosy comfort food because its always just so cold here! Some amazing pairings for this soup have to be my cheese toastie! Check that out for some amazing tips on getting a golden cheese side, or even the Rosemary Focaccia works well here too!
- 4 cloves garlic unpeeled
- 1 kg baby tomatoes Halved
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tsp of caster sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 L hot chicken stock
- good handful fresh basil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the unpeeled garlic and the baby tomatoes cut side up on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with sugar, salt & pepper. Place the tray in the over and roast for 1 hour but you can go longer by turning the oven down to 160° and increasing the time to 2 hours. The longer roasting the happier the taste
- Cut the ends off the garlic cloves, and squeeze the insides into the bowl of a food processor or blender along with the roasted tomatoes and juice from the baking tray. Add stock, basil and vinegar and blend until smooth. Once smooth pour into a pan and reheat gently.
To Conclude The Slow Roasted Tomato Soup
Soup will always be a winner. Over the next few weeks I aim to bring you some more of my favourite soups. For this totally pair with a grilled cheese! It really is a sure fire way to making those cold days cosy in no time.
👨🍳Homecooking | Baking | Recipe Sharing
🧔Dad to 3
📍 N.Wales UK 🇬🇧🏴
Want to know when the latest recipes are hitting the site? Simply add your email address and hit that subscribe button! Thank You For Visiting.