No Prove Donuts means you don’t have to spend time waiting for the dough to prove, by leaving out the yeast we are on the fast track to speedy donuts. Who wants to spend time waiting? I have just the recipe you need. Let’s find out just how quickly we can get this doughnut recipe on the go.
No prove donuts are super speedy as you don’t have to wait the 1 hour and 20 mins like you do with the epic donuts but we do have to sacrifice the fluffy joy. Counter this by making smaller ring donuts and all will be fine.
There is no need to prove here because we wont be using any yeast which cuts down the time by loads. Also you can make this dough up ahead of time and pop it in the fridge until you need to use it, in fact doing this will give you a firmer dough to work with.
Jump to Recipe
How Can I Celebrate No prove Donuts?
Annually over 10 billion donuts made in the US so you know they must be pretty tasty. In fact National Doughnut day is celebrated in the United States of America on the first Friday of June each year. With Speedy no prove donuts you can have a batch made up super quick even if it is last minute remember job.
Never fear if like me you are in the UK we still get plenty of opportunities to enjoy the beloved donuts. National Doughnut Week takes place all across the UK every year in the month of May to raise money for The Children’s Trust. It’s been running for 27 years so now is the perfect time to practice those real speedy donuts.
How To Skip The Prove & Make The no prove Donuts
My top tip here is always go for smaller donuts when using this recipe as I find it is the closest way to match the joy that donuts with a good prove give you. Let’s get you straight down to the recipe, but remember if you only came here because you wanted donuts please do check out the Ultimate Donuts Recipe
How to Jazz Up Those Donuts
Toppings galore right? Choosing what to do with your yummy doughnuts is always a tricky one. Most of the time we like to use a simple sugar & cinnamon mixture. I was looking through my scribes of recipes and I actually have a super speedy simple chocolate and white icing glaze recipe so ill throw them in for free seeing as you are such lovely readers.
Simple Chocolate Glaze Recipe:
- 85 g plain chocolate, chopped
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
Add all the ingredients into a glass bowl set over simmering water. Melt all the ingredients together and bravo you have a glaze to dunk the donuts in. Told you it was simple!
Simple White Icing Glaze Recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Oh my days if that’s not the most easy thing ever I really don’t know what is. This chocolate glaze can be used on so many other sweet treats too! Try dipping some freshly baked Madeleines in a chocolate dip! Pure Joy!
Further Reading On The Difference Between Yeast and No Yeast Donuts
Yeast doughnuts and cake doughnuts contain most of the same ingredients. However they do have structural differences from the type of flour and leavening agent used. In cake doughnuts cake flour is used and the resulting doughnut is denser. This is because cake flour has a relatively low gluten content of about 7 to 8 percent. In yeast doughnuts, a flour with a higher protein content of about 9 to 12 percent is used. This results in a doughnut that is lighter and more airy.
The Donuts Shelf Life
Donuts are always eaten straight away but what if you had the ability or self-control to save some? Well as long as your donuts are properly stored they would last 1 to 2 days at normal room temperature. If your donuts are cream filled you want to store them in the fridge which would give you up to a week.
When we say properly stored we are referring to keeping the donuts tucked up all nice and cosy in an airtight container. If you do manage to save yourself a doughnut for the next day then you really do have so much more self-control than I do!
Even Further Fact Reading On Donuts
Interesting Donuts Facts:
- Canada makes 1 billion donuts a year & has more donut shops per mile than any country around the world.
- The first mention of donuts in print was by Washington Irving, the author of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
- In Oregon a donut shop called Voodoo Doughnut once offered donuts coated in Pepto Bismol or NyQuil. The FDA eventually put a stop to it.
- There were donuts made with potato starch instead of flour and they were called spud-nuts. Spud-nuts was the first fast food chain to open in Los Angeles but it is closed now as a franchise.
- In Boston there is one donut shop for every 2480 people.
- Renee Zellweger ate 20 donuts a day to help her gain weight for the movie Bridget Jones.
- In 1933 donuts were given the title the ‘Hit Food of the Century of Progress’ at the Chicago World’s Fair.
- Salvation Army volunteers would take donuts and coffee to soldiers in France in the trenches during World War I.
- The most iconic donut shop in Hollywood is Randy’s Donuts. It has appeared in many movies including Crocodile Dundee and Iron Man 2.
- National Doughnut Day is June 5th. It was established to celebrate the Salvation Army donut bakers who made donuts for the soldiers during World War I.
- The cronut, which is a croissant-donut combination, contains about 1330 calories.
- The world record for donut eating in 2002 was 49 glazed donuts consumed in only eight minutes.
- The world record for eating 47 cream-filled glazed donuts was set in 2007.
No Prove Ring Donuts
- 500 g plain flour
- 250 ml milk
- 75 g caster sugar
- 75 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Sunflower oil to fry
- Add flour & baking powder together into a large bowl. Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in the caster sugar.
- Beat the egg into the milk, then make a well in the flour mixture and pour the milk mixture into it a bit at a time. You may not need to use all the dough.
- Mix together to form a soft dough, and bring out onto a floured surface, Roll the dough out to 1 cm thick before cutting into the shapes of your choice. I used a rim of a glass and then a bottle lid to cut out the middle.
- Fry the donuts at 350°F for around 30 seconds, then turn them over and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from the fryer and drain on kitchen towel to remove excess oil. Whilst still warm, roll in caster sugar. Enjoy
To Conclude The Food
Thank you for reading all about the world of donuts and trying out the No prove Recipe. Be sure to check out the ultimate donuts recipe although I am pretty sure I have covered every fact there can be about donuts here already. Remember you can always check out the ultimate donuts recipe if you have a little more time on your hands. Its not just donuts here we also have some yummy dutch baby pancakes to try.
Fancy a feature on the Instacooks Cookbook? It really is super simple. We are always on the hunt to bring new and exciting recipes to our readers. Give us a message on any of the following: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter@mrjayhomecook
👨🍳Homecooking | Baking | Recipe Sharing
🧔Dad to 3
📍 N.Wales UK 🇬🇧🏴
Want to know when the latest recipes are hitting the site? Simply add your email address and hit that subscribe button! Thank You For Visiting.