Ever wondered just how simple biscuits could get? Well wonder no more because fork biscuits are the most simple recipe ever! For me simple means yummy stress free baking, & stress free baking is a sure way to a happy dish. Firstly what the heck are even fork biscuits?
Fork biscuits are essential a biscuit made up of 3 Ingredients, rolled into walnut sized balls and pressed down before baking with a fork to create that classic print.
Jump to Recipe
Finding a simple biscuit recipe is a must in a house with plenty of hungry biscuit loving kids. This recipe is one super simple way to get your biscuit fix and in a really speedy time too! The idea behind giving the print in the top of the biscuit I believe originally came from a Mary Berry Cookbook. Hard to remember which one but hey she knows her stuff when it comes to sweet treats right?
The Fork biscuits are easy to adapt too! If you wanted a chocolate version it really is super simple! Instead of 150 g of flour reduce this to 120g and add 30 g of coco powder. Being able to switch the recipe up and have chocolate and plain biscuits really makes these biscuits a perfect addition to any recipe collection. You can always try adding different extracts. Adding vanilla extract works extremely well here!
Fancy a feature on the Instacooks Cookbook? It really is super simple. We are always on the hunt to bring new and exciting recipes to our readers. Give us a message on any of the following: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter@mrjayhomecook
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 100 g butter softened
- 50 g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /fan 160°C/ gas 4. Lightly butter two baking trays.
- Add butter into a large bowl and beat to soften. Add in the sugar and then the flour. Bring the mixture together with your hands to form a dough.
- Form the dough into 16 balls about the size of a walnut and place spaced well apart on the prepared baking trays.
- Dip a fork in a little water and use this to flatten the biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes until a very pale golden.
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
👨🍳Homecooking | Baking | Recipe Sharing
🧔Dad to 3
📍 N.Wales UK 🇬🇧🏴
Want to know when the latest recipes are hitting the site? Simply add your email address and hit that subscribe button! Thank You For Visiting.