Fluffy pancakes are on the menu today! So yummy and it comes from our featured Instacook @zzzzote Fluffy pancakes, more commonly known as Japanese pancakes are so light and fluffy its like eating a cloud. A cloud topped with chocolate and strawberries! OMG right?
Featuring the cooks from Instagram is something I am super excited about. I want to be able to bring you as many recipes as possible to try out and also feature all of my awesome friends. In this series I am sharing the posts from Instagram and as with all our recipes the printable version features here too. Enjoy.
Jump to Recipe
Welcome to our Featured Recipes. Here we are shouting out our favourite cooks from the world of Instagram. Be sure to give who you find during this series a follow, it really does help our cause.
Fluffy Pancakes Japanese style
Spending time on Insta you will have seen pictures of stacked perfectly round, sky-high, pancakes. All topped with perfectly square pats of butter and a drizzle of syrup. These souffle pancakes coming from Japan are frequently featured all over Instagram. For good reason too! They are delicious. To make them extra fluffy, the trick is to beat the egg whites and gently fold them into the batter.
I love big and plump and of course fluffy Japanese pancakes with chocolate and strawberries of course ..although these aren’t that big but they’re very plump and fluffy…. yummo!!!
Fancy a feature on the Instacooks Cookbook? It really is super simple. We are always on the hunt to bring new and exciting recipes to our readers. Give us a message on any of the following: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter@mrjayhomecook
Fluffy Japanese Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk plus 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Nonstick cooking spray four 3-inch-wide-by-2 1/2-inch-high ring molds
- Whisk together the flour, confectioners’ sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, melted butter, vanilla and egg yolk in a medium bowl until combined.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar in another large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture until just combined (it’s OK if there are a few lumps). Stir one-third of the beaten egg whites into the flour-milk mixture. Then gently fold in the remaining egg whites until just combined (take care not to over-mix). Lightly spray the inside of four 3-inch-wide-by-2 1/2-inch-high ring molds with nonstick cooking spray
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Coat with nonstick cooking spray. Put the prepared ring molds in the middle of the skillet and fill each with 1/2 cup of batter (it should fill each ring mold about halfway). Cover the skillet with the lid and cook until the batter rises to the tops of the ring molds and is golden on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Release the bottom of the pancakes with a spatula.
Want to know when the latest recipes are hitting the site? Simply pop your email address and hit that subscribe button! Thank You For Visiting.