Chicken soup is on the menu today! Such a classic dish and it comes from our featured Instacook @lovetocook4ppl. Soups have always been a firm favourite in this house and this amazing yummy recipe is no exception. I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did sharing it.
Check out the post on Instagram and as with all our recipes the printable version features here too. Enjoy.
Jump to Recipe
Welcome to our Featured Recipes. Here we are shouting out our favourite cooks from the world of Instagram. Be sure to give who you find during this series a follow, it really does help our cause.
Chicken Soup explained
Chicken soup is good for the body and the soul! Here are just some of the benefits of making soup by using the chicken carcass.
- Good for the Gut.
- Maintains Healthy Skin.
- Supports Immune System Function.
- Boosts Detoxification.
- Aids the Metabolism and Promotes Anabolism.
Turmeric also has huge health benefits such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
So with all that in mind this soup is not only healthy, it’s super nutritious and tasty what’s not to love 💛💛💛
Food passion 👩🍳
♥️ cooking & eating 🍴
Recipe creator 📝
4 children & loving hubby ♥️
40 years on the planet & still learning 🌏
Fancy a feature on the Instacooks Cookbook? It really is super simple. We are always on the hunt to bring new and exciting recipes to our readers. Give us a message on any of the following: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter@mrjayhomecook
- 1 leftover chicken carcass
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 sweet potato chopped
- 2 white potatoes chopped
- 1 Clove garlic chopped
- Large handful sweetcorn
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chicken bullion
- Handful yellow split peas
- 2 thyme sprigs stripped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 white pepper
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- Put chicken carcass in pressure cooker and cover with water and cook for 1 hour (I used pressure cooker to save time if you don’t have one just boil in normal pan for around two hours or more, the longer the deeper the flavour!)
- Chop all your veg and put in a pan with a little oil and allow to sweat add your thyme then add enough hot water just to cover and add your split peas and turmeric, curry powder salt and pepper and bullion boil for 15 min then add your sweetcorn and cook for a further 20 min until veg is soft,
- Remove your chicken carcass and scrape of any scum that has risen to top and then strain the liquid into the veg pan and remove all your meat and set aside.
- Blend your veg and stock and add little more stock until you get your desired consistency then serve with your chicken meat on too and a swirl of low fat cream If desired.
Want to know when the latest recipes are hitting the site? Simply pop your email address and hit that subscribe button! Thank You For Visiting.